Tuesday, February 8, 2011

In November 2009 I gave birth to my daughter. One of the happiest days in our life! After the birth, I quickly got back to my prepragnancy weight, 134 lbs. I was ecstatic! I didn't really do anything for that to happen. One day I just saw my work pants in the closet and thought, what the heck, might as well try them. They were loose!

Now, this was a dream come true: you don't do crunches/push ups/you name it, and one day all the ugliness is gone.

After my daughter turned 6 months, something happened. We started growing together. While my daughter's thighs look cute and squishy, my thighs looked depressing. Within 3 months I gained enough weight to hit number 160 on the scale. I was actually 100% sure the scale was broken. Sad, huh? A while ago I told my husband to shoot me if I ever go above 150. Because that just didn't sound real. Me? Above 150?

And here I am, 163 lbs. I feel like a whale and I sure do look like one. Last Friday I started doing the Tracy Anderson post-pregnancy work out. Let me tell you - it made me feel FAT. The first time almost killed me. There were a couple of exercises I couldn't do at all!

For example, there is one where you lay on your side, one leg on top of another. You lift your upper body up with the help of your arm bent at the elbow. Then you are supposed to use a secret muscle and lift your legs up so that only your arm and feet touch the ground. Well, I didn't have that muscle! I couldn't believe someone could do that brutal exercise! Imagine my surprise when my husband, who's big activities are wii golf and star craft 2, easily did that stupid exercise.

After 3 days of working out, I did it! So proud of myself! I haven't taken any measurements, it is too scary, but I will. My goal is to get back to my beloved 134 lbs. I miss those pounds a lot.

So, it's been only 4 days. I already don't hate her too much - I can finally do all exercises but one. My muscles don't kill me the next morning, I feel stronger and a bit more confident.

Do I believe that I will have them sexy stomach lines? Uhm, don't know. I have never had those. I will be happy just not seeing my stomach fold into rolls when I sit down!

No comments:

Post a Comment